Friday, September 04, 2009

Advice request

I'm in the process of redefining my life...
I know what you're thinking: "Karma, you're always in the process of redefining your life"
Ok. True.
The difference is I always start, but never really finish...
I'm thinking this time might be different... feels that way anyway...
So I'm in the process of writing a business plan of sorts... what to do with my life professionally and personally.
I know that I love to write -- that I have a couple of books in my head. I really love this blog, but perpetually put it to the back burner...I think it deserves more attention...
I would like, however, your input.
How would you feel if there were ads on this page? Should I try to join one of the bigger blog networks, like Blogher?
What would you like to see more of on this page? Should I change the name?
How can I best serve you on this site?
I'd love to get your input...please comment or contact me privately.

2 comments:

Sally said...

I think there's a deeper question here that you need to ask first: What do YOU want from this site? Do you want to offer advice? Do you want to have an anonymous place to vent or explore? Do you want it to be a chronicle of your journey? That has to be something you know before you can ask any of the other questions.

And maybe the place to get that first answer is with the question, "Why do I keep not writing here?" Followed by, "What would make this something I must do to be happy?" Because if you write for you, the audience and the network will follow. (After some marketing, of course.)

As far as ads are concerned, I know of at least one fellow blogger who is considering quitting blogging because she put ads on her site and now she is constantly getting email from the advertisers nagging her to post more often. Which makes her not want to post at all. If you're already struggling to write here, that additional pressure might add to any blocks you're wrestling with. Or it might force you to produce and kick your ass into gear. It depends on what motivates you.

Kelly said...

I agree with Sally, I couldn't have said it better!
Do whats right for you. Don't worry about the rest of us, we'll follow you wherever you go.